Manager, Software Quality Assurance
The Manager, Software Quality Assurance, will lead and manage a talented team of QA analysts and QA engineers and own product quality of the BigTime platform. You will champion product quality throughout the software development lifecycle, from feature conception to deployment. Working closely with your team, you will own and drive quality process improvements and work with other engineering leaders to scale these processes to support BigTime’s rapid growth. As an engineering leader, you will partner with other engineering leaders to drive deep, frictionless collaboration across our scrum teams/pods, Product, and CX organizations. As a leader of people, you will bring a clear vision to your team, mentoring, and growth goals. We encourage “bottom-up” innovation at BigTime and so you will empower your team to innovate and problem-solve. On a typical day, you could be:
- Operationalizing a quality process improvement that ensures your team is operating at maximum efficiency
- Strategizing test plans with your team for an upcoming roadmap feature
- Collaborating with Product and other engineering leaders on feature refinement and improving user stories for your team
- Mentoring and coaching one of your team members
- Monitoring and responding to KPIs on project and quality health
- Helping members of your team get “unstuck”
- Roll-up your sleeves and help scrub an issue or test a complex user story
Who You Are
- 10+ years hands-on experience in a Software Quality Assurance/Engineering role in an Agile environment
- 5+ years experience in a Quality management role, managing a team of 5 or more QA personnel.
- Experience scaling a QA team and processes.
- Creating and refining KPIs as these relate to software quality
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and be part of the solution
- Extremely organized, detailed-oriented, with a “get-it-done” attitude
- Experience with test automation frameworks is a major plus.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies, JIRA, Test management systems
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or its professional equivalent
Bonus Points for:
- Zephyr for Jira and experience writing JQL
- Confluence or other collaboration tools
- Technical skills
- Cucumber / Gherkin syntax
- Selenium-based testing frameworks
- SQL Server Management Studio
- .NET MVC-based SaaS systems
- Non-relational databases (we use MongoDB)
- Identity services
- Experience with accounting, CRM, and/or PSA systems.
As a Leader, you have significant experience with these competencies:
Strategic Decision Making; The ability to develop a long-term vision and plan for the organization, and to make decisions that align with that vision. The ability to make tough decisions, often with limited information and in complex situations, and to consider the potential impact of those decisions on the organization. Staying focused on goals.
Innovation & Change Management; The ability to anticipate and navigate change within the organization, and to lead others through transitions. Strong understanding of need for change in high-growth environment. The ability to think creatively and to foster a culture of innovation within the organization. Willingness to think outside of the box and try new strategies.
Communication; The ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing. Ability to adapt communication style to different audiences. Ability to deliver compelling executive-level presentations, including board level presentations, story telling through the utilization of business and data insights.
Emotional Intelligence; The ability to understand and manage one's own emotions and those of others. Ability to use that understanding to build strong relationships and influence others. The ability to empathetically give feedback and execute Radical Candor as needed.
Team Building & Leadership; The ability to build and lead high-performing teams. Ability to develop and coach team members to reach their full potential. The ability to create an environment of collaboration and support on the team and foster a sense of safety. Service leadership skills. Sharing power, putting the needs of others first and helping people develop and perform as highly as possible.
Operational Acumen; Making data-driven decisions. The ability to establish KPIs effectively. Tying operations to numbers. Objectively evaluate team performance using healthy metrics. The ability to understand and manage financial resources effectively and to make sound financial decisions for the organization.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and a quarterly bonus
- Company pays 100% of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous time off and paid company holidays - 35 days off the first full year of employment
- Weekly Lunch Credit via GrubHub and company paid GrubHub+ (free unlimited delivery)
- Fresh fruit, snacks, cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
- Flexible work environment with remote opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule - In office 2-3 times a week
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
Who is BigTime?
We've proudly been featured on Inc's 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America for 4 years in a row. BigTime Software is the engine behind the greatest consulting firms on the planet, delivering back-office time/budgeting and invoicing to over 2,500 firms worldwide and tracking over $4 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry.
BigTime is a PE-backed company, headquartered out of Chicago, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Phoenix and most recently, expanding internationally. We've proudly be named on Crain’s Best Places to Work 2 years in a row -- if you're motivated to join a hyper growth organization, we're eager to talk to you.