Chief of Staff
BigTime Software is looking to add a vital Chief of Staff position, reporting directly to our CEO. You will work closely with other members of the executive team. You will support and drive the execution of the business strategy – from leading change initiatives to preparing materials for the board of directors. This individual will play a key part in driving efficiencies in key areas of the business, ensuring key priorities are on track to succeed. The person in this role will be responsible for providing analytical support, consulting, and cross-functional implementation leadership.
As the Chief of Staff, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run a software company with two leading private equity partners at your back. The Chief of Staff role has tremendous career growth opportunities with exposure into all facets of the business. This role will be based out of Chicago, with 25% travel expected.
Who is BigTime?
We've proudly been featured on Inc's 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America for 4 years in a row. BigTime Software is the engine behind the greatest consulting firms on the planet, delivering back-office time/budgeting and invoicing to over 2,500 firms worldwide and tracking over $4 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry.
BigTime is a PE-backed company, headquartered out of Chicago, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Phoenix and most recently, expanding internationally. We've proudly be named on Crain’s Best Places to Work 2 years in a row -- if you're motivated to join a hyper growth organization, we're eager to talk to you.
What You’re Accountable For:
- Lead cross-functional, high-impact projects and provide analytical support as directed by the CEO
- Operate with a data driven mindset to establish KPIs to measure team performance
- Drive a culture of excellence through project execution.
- Work with and coordinate among functional executives on cross-company projects.
- Implement, coordinate, and measure software practices across all functional areas.
- Manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and accelerate company profitability and efficiency.
- Determine, track, and report metrics that measure `the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives.
- Support key post-M&A integration activities.
- Act as portfolio company point of contact for interactions with Vista Equity Partners and Vista Consulting Group, including support and reporting on all strategic initiatives.
- Execute special projects for CEO as needed.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of business strategy experience, ideally within a high growth environment (experience in Professional Services is a plus)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred; BA/BS required
- 3+ years’ proven track record of effectively interacting with executive teams and senior management
- Extensive program/project management experience
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities • Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to partner with key stakeholders, drive accountability and collaboration
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Problem solving mentality with proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
As a Leader, you have significant experience with these foundational competencies:
Strategic Decision Making; The ability to develop a long-term vision and plan for the organization, and to make decisions that align with that vision. The ability to make tough decisions, often with limited information and in complex situations, and to consider the potential impact of those decisions on the organization. Staying focused on goals.
Innovation & Change Management; The ability to anticipate and navigate change within the organization, and to lead others through transitions. Strong understanding of need for change in high-growth environment. The ability to think creatively and to foster a culture of innovation within the organization. Willingness to think outside of the box and try new strategies.
Communication; The ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing. Ability to adapt communication style to different audiences. Ability to deliver compelling executive-level presentations, including board level presentations, story telling through the utilization of business and data insights.
Emotional Intelligence; The ability to understand and manage one's own emotions and those of others. Ability to use that understanding to build strong relationships and influence others. The ability to empathetically give feedback and execute Radical Candor as needed.
Team Building & Leadership; The ability to build and lead high-performing teams. Ability to develop and coach team members to reach their full potential. The ability to create an environment of collaboration and support on the team and foster a sense of safety. Service leadership skills. Sharing power, putting the needs of others first and helping people develop and perform as highly as possible.
Operational Acumen; Making data-driven decisions. The ability to establish KPIs effectively. Tying operations to numbers. Objectively evaluate team performance using healthy metrics. The ability to understand and manage financial resources effectively and to make sound financial decisions for the organization.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and a quarterly bonus
- Company pays 100% of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous time off and paid company holidays - 35 days off the first full year of employment
- Weekly Lunch Credit via GrubHub and company paid GrubHub+ (free unlimited delivery)
- Fresh fruit, snacks, cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
- Flexible work environment with remote opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule - In office 2-3 times a week
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.